Shared truckload: Your solution for midsize freight
Shared truckload (STL) explained
Why shared truckload?
Perfect for partials: Shipments between 8-44 linear feet travel in speedy, hubless shared truckloads, making STL the best mode for freight that exceeds LTL limits (but doesn’t fill a whole truck).
Eliminate damage: Shipments remain on one truck from pickup to delivery, making STL 120x safer than hub-and-spoke LTL shipping.
Reduce cost: Shared truckload provides TL service for less. Because you share trailer space with other shippers, you don’t pay for any more room than you need.
Faster transit times: Speed up revenue flow by sending freight right away. With STL, you can ship your freight when it’s ready with faster transit than LTL and consolidator networks.
Total control: You choose your pickup and delivery dates and times, reducing late fees for missed appointments.
No sneaky fees: STL pricing is completely transparent — no more worrying over accessorial, reclassing, or Cubic Capacity & Density (CCD) fees.
Solving LTL’s linear-foot problem
- As capacity in the hub-and-spoke system continues to shrink, LTL carriers are slowly tightening linear-foot caps on freight shipments.
- The cost of moving 10+ linear feet of LTL is extremely high — and it’s on the rise.
- Shippers moving midsize shipments may find themselves paying through the nose on volume LTL rates, moving partials through the consolidator network, or even purchasing TL service.
- The solution: FlockDirect. Our guaranteed STL service gives shippers the perfect solution for midsize freight by removing the need for subjective linear-foot caps and delivering shipments via a fast, technology-optimized route.
Experience a better way to move volume LTL freight and partials
Flock Freight is the only logistics provider that guarantees your freight moves as a shared truckload with FlockDirect. See for yourself how FlockDirect is the best shipping mode for delivering midsize freight damage-free and on-time, every time.
|Your options for midsize freight||FlockDirect||Partial Truckload||Volume LTL|
|Guaranteed shared truckload service|
|No risk of reweighs, reclasses, or Cubic Capacity & Density (CCD) fees|
|No consolidation, trans-loading, or terminals|
|Simple and straightforward freight tracking|
|Full control over pickup and delivery dates|
|.001% risk of damage|
|Eliminates emissions with carbon neutral transit|
Shared truckload: Freight for a better world
When you book our guaranteed shared truckload service, FlockDirect, your shipment moves carbon neutral at no extra cost. Here’s how:
- On its own, shared truckload reduces greenhouse gas emissions by up to 40% per shipment with smart, safe, and streamlined transit.
- Every time a shipper books FlockDirect, we buy carbon credits through Carbonfund.org that offset the shipment’s remaining impact — at no extra cost to the shipper.
- We support Carbonfund.org’s Truck Stop Electrification Project to reduce the fuel emissions of idling freight trucks during rest periods.
Shared truckload: In the news
SoftBank Vision Fund 2 led Flock Freight’s $215 million round.
Flock Freight, an Encinitas trucking logistics firm that aims to revolutionize the way freight moves across the country, has landed another $215 million in venture capital — making it San Diego’s latest startup unicorn.
Flock Freight is furthering its mission to reinvent the freight industry by joining more than 100 global companies in taking The Climate Pledge, a commitment to work toward net-zero carbon by 2040.
Shippers are looking for ways to improve their sustainability, and solutions from third-party logistics providers are increasingly helping them do that — such as carbon neutral shared truckload shipping.
Flock Freight’s business model is built on sustainability and reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in the freight industry. The company announced that it will offset 100% of carbon emissions for FlockDirect customers for free in 2021 to achieve carbon neutrality.
What if you could take 9 million cars off the road, speed up deliveries to e-commerce customers, and save small businesses money? That’s the potential of Flock Freight’s shared truckload “freight-pooling”.
Flock Freight — a Solana Beach firm whose software pools multiple shipments together into one shared truckload — has raised $113.5 million in a new round of financing, led by SoftBank Vision Fund 2.