“As the nation comes together to slow the spread of COVID-19, everyone has a role to play in protecting public health and safety.” – Christopher Krebs, Director of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
As a company that facilitates the delivery of essential freight (including food, medical supplies, and consumer goods), Flock Freight hustles to ship loads as fast as possible. Since the beginning of the pandemic, we’ve seen some exceptional work from shippers that have gone the extra mile to deliver orders on time and intact. U.S. Nonwovens, Berlin Packaging, and Reliant Holdings are three stellar examples. Here’s what you need to know:
- About the company: U.S. Nonwovens is headquartered in Brentwood, New York and produces consumer goods for North American and European grocery chains, drugstores, and discount retailers. During the crisis, U.S. Nonwovens has been shipping household necessities like cleaning supplies, baby wipes, hand wipes, and bleach.
- The Flock Freight difference: U.S. Nonwovens has enterprise-level customers — Walmart, Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, to name a few — and strict on-time in-full (OTIF) delivery requirements to meet as a result. To transport products without delay and avoid OTIF fees, U.S. Nonwovens leverages FlockDirect (Flock Freight’s shared truckload shipping service), which helped the company dodge 120+ terminals and reduce transportation emissions by 9% last month. U.S. Nonwovens has benefited from our truckload (TL) and less-than truckload (LTL) shipping services as well, enjoying, in April, on-time pickup (OTP) and on-time delivery (OTD) 100% of the time for its standard LTL shipments, in addition to OTP and OTD rates of 98% for its TL shipments. By trusting Flock Freight with its mission-critical loads, U.S. Nonwovens delivers shipments right on schedule.
- About the company: Chicago, Illinois-based Berlin Packaging offers packaging products and solutions to streamline packaging supply chains and create cost savings for businesses and end consumers, manifesting its mission of improving customers’ bottom lines. The company is shipping packaging for COVID-19 testing kits, other medical supplies, food, beverages, personal health items, and pet products right now.
- The Flock Freight difference: Berlin Packaging used to ship via volume LTL service, but the flawed hub-and-spoke system burned the company one too many times. Berlin Packaging found Flock Freight and started booking FlockDirect to move loads hubless via shared truckload service, which eliminated the pain points of damage, delays, and unpredictable transit. Last month, Berlin Packaging shipped 92.5% of its Flock Freight loads FlockDirect with a 98% OTP rate, a 100% OTD rate, a 37% drop in freight emissions, and over 170 skipped terminals. Berlin Packaging’s April TL shipments fared well, too, with OTP and OTD rates of 100%. Since switching to Flock Freight, Berlin Packaging has minimized damage and transit issues. FlockDirect, in particular, has given the company and its customers something they can rely on in today’s unpredictable world.
- About the company: Reliant Holdings services the United States and Mexico from its Midland, Texas headquarters. In addition to producing dry ice for the airline and other industries, the company manufactures carbon dioxide for food businesses, restaurants, convenience stores, oilfield markets, and medical facilities. With core values like ethics and honesty at the heart of the organization, Reliant Holdings stays true to its family-oriented roots. Recently, the company has been using Flock Freight to ship dry ice to medical labs that store blood tests.
- The Flock Freight difference: Pre-pandemic, Reliant Holdings’ dry ice business supplied restaurants, airlines, and other organizations. However, coronavirus caused the company to undergo significant changes. Facing decreases in demand due to non-essential business shutdowns and travel restrictions, Reliant Holdings shifted to servicing hospitals and other healthcare providers, along with food delivery services. It turns out dry ice preserves the integrity of COVID-19 test samples, and the crisis gave Reliant Holdings the chance to optimize its operations for that purpose. Given the sensitive nature of dry ice and its essential role in medical testing, the company has been counting on Flock Freight’s TL shipping service for on-time and damage-free delivery. The results are in: Flock Freight picked up and delivered 100% of Reliant Holdings’ April shipments on time.
Flock Freight is proud to assist U.S. Nonwovens, Berlin Packaging, and Reliant Holdings with their freight needs. These companies remind us that our role in the supply chain is more important than ever and inspire us to achieve our noble purpose of shipping goods efficiently.
Connect with us to find out how we can drive your business forward, too.