Last updated: July 22, 2022
Notice of Collection of Personal Data: We list the categories of Personal Data that We collect under the Categories of Personal Information Collected section below. We collect Personal Data about You for business and commercial purposes as described below under How We Use Your Personal Data.
- Account means Your unique account used to access Our Service.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Application means the Flock Freight software program accessible via website, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company,” “Flock Freight,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Flock Freight, Inc.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that identifies, relates to, describes or is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with You.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals the Company employs to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service, or to assist the Company in analyzing how customers use the Service.
- Service refers to Our website and the Application.
- Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated when You use the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Categories of Personal Data Collected
- Identifiers: Information that identifies You directly.
- Examples: Full name, email address, social media account information, phone number, billing and/or shipping address, truck/trailer number, DOT number.
- Commercial Information: Information about your purchases.
- Examples: Purchase history, products you’ve considered.
- Online Activity: Limited information about how You use the Service.
- Examples: How you found the Service (e.g., advertisements, search engines, bookmarks), how You interact with the Service (e.g., pages You’ve viewed on the website), the type of device and browser You use, Your IP address, and other data that identifies your online activity (e.g., cookies).
- Geolocation Information: Information about where You are when You use the Service.
- Financial Information: Information about Your payment methods with us, if applicable.
- Examples: Purchase preferences, characteristics, potential future purchase behavior.
- User-Generated Content: Information you post on the Service.
- Examples: Comments or reviews about products.
How We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect Personal Data from the following sources:
- When You provide it to Us: For example, We collect Your Personal Data when you make a purchase or sign up for an account with Our Service.
- From Your Device: We collect some Personal Data automatically from Your Device when You use the Service, such as online activity, cookies, or Your IP address.
- From Third Parties: We collect some Personal Data from third-party integrations, websites, and other third-party sources.
How We Use Your Personal Data
The Company may use Your Personal Data for the following business purposes:
- To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor Your usage of Our Service.
- To manage Your Account when you register to use the Service. Creating an account allows You to Access certain features of the Service.
- To perform a contract You have with Us, so We can provide You with or receive the goods and/or services you have purchased from or are providing to the Company.
- To contact You with updates related to the Service by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To manage Your requests, such as Customer Service requests or questions about our Service.
The Company may use Your Personal Data for the following commercial purposes:
- To provide You with offers, advertisements, and other content that may interest You about other goods, services and events that We offer that are similar to those You have already purchased or inquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information. You may have the option to opt out of some of these uses, as described in the “Your Choices” section below.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your Personal Data with Service Providers to monitor and analyze how consumers use our Service and to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your Personal Data in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With other users: When You share Personal Data or otherwise interact in public areas of the Service with other users, those users may view the Personal Data You share.
- With analytics providers: We also share your Personal Data with analytics providers to provide You with personalized advertising, learn more about how You use the Service, to improve Our Service, such as monitoring security and Service downtime, and to build better relationships with Our customers.
We may also share Your Personal Data under the following circumstances:
Under certain circumstances, We may need to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency).
Other Legal Requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the Company’s rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Service customers or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Retaining Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analytic purposes and to improve the Service, such as improving security. We may also retain Usage Data as required for legal purposes.
Transferring Your Personal Data
In the course of providing the Services, We may transfer Your Personal Data outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction. If you submit Personal Data while using the Service, You agree to such transfers.
Personal Data Security
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
You have some choices about how We collect or use your Personal Data.
- Do Not Track Mechanisms. Your browser may give you the option to turn on a “Do Not Track Signal.” Our Services do not respond to all Do Not Track Signals from all browsers, as we need to use some signals for internal uses, like completing Your purchases.
- Account Information. If You have an account with Our Services, you can review and change the identifiers You provided to create Your account.
- Cookie Opt-Outs. When You use our Services, We sometimes place cookies on Your browser that allow Us to show You advertising when You’re visiting other sites. You can click here to stop Flock Freight from placing those cookies.
- Third-Party Opt Outs. If you want to stop Google Analytics from collecting information about Your use of our Services, You can download the browser add-on available here. Flock Freight will still receive information about Your use of the Services. If You want to limit how Your online activity information is shared with Us or other websites, click here. Not all third parties will participate in this opt-out mechanism. The opt out only applies to the device and browser that You are using when You opt out, so You will have to repeat the process for each of Your devices or when You use a different browser.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We will take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: 701 S Coast Hwy 101 Encinitas, CA 92024