Marketing Operations Specialist
What drives you? Maybe you want to make the world a better place. Maybe you want to advance your career and work with the brightest minds in freight technology. Maybe you want to tackle new, exciting challenges while disrupting an industry. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place.
While we're talking about your role in disruption, let's talk about disrupting job search norms. For example, one study found that men applied to jobs for which they met 60% of the criteria, whereas women applied only when they met ALL of the criteria. Here at Flock Freight, we're interested in your inherent abilities, not just the skills you bring from your last role - if you think you have what it takes to succeed in the role but don't check every box, please still get in touch. We'd love to start a conversation with you.
Flock Freight is proud to sponsor H1-B transfers and sponsorship for OPT candidates for certain positions. Please ask your recruiter if your role qualifies!
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.
Interviewing is a two-way street, so let’s get to know each other. Here’s a little about us:
- We’re a unicorn. Following our recent Series D funding round, our valuation has surpassed $1 billion
- We’re growing fast — like, speed-of-light fast. In the past year, we’ve tripled our workforce and added thousands of square feet in Encinitas and Chicago
- We’ve got support. Our investors include SoftBank, Susquehanna, Eden Capital, Volvo Group Venture Capital, SignalFire, GLP Capital Partners, and GV (formerly Google Ventures)
- Efficiency is in our DNA. Our mission is to reinvent North America’s $2 trillion freight industry by relentlessly eliminating waste and inefficiency
- Algorithms drive our sustainable shared truckload solution. Behind our carbon neutral shared truckload service is world-class tech (and a lot of sweat)
- We’re taking names. Find us on the CNBC Disruptor 50, SDCE 100, SDBJ Diversity & Social Responsibility, and Fast Company World Changing Ideas lists
- We walk the walk. We make a positive impact in everything we do; our B Corporation certification is proof. We were the first B Corp in our industry
- We offer a hybrid work environment, and we are intentional about doing it right. Knowing you have a life outside of work, we won’t ask you to do your job from the office five days a week
About the role:
The Marketing Operations Manage will help oversee the end-to-end optimization and governance of marketing systems at Flock Freight. This role collaborates with growth & lifecycle marketing, sales operations, Salesforce and analytics teams to execute our strategy in our marketing tech stack, ensuring high data quality and helping colleagues access that data to enable smarter decisions.
The ideal candidate has marketing operations experience and has worked within marketing automation and CRM systems.
Collaborate across functions to structure problems, conduct analyses, and drive system solutions through a rigorous, data-driven process.
MarTech Stack Administration
- Learn tools that marketing currently has in place to act as owner or backup as needed.
- Act as systems admin for Flock Freight’s MarTech, including helping with ongoing maintenance, training, employee onboarding and offboarding.
- Create training documents to guide the marketing team.
- Supervise tech stack integrations to ensure data is flowing as designed between systems.
- Implementation and management of ongoing key marketing systems, such as Monday.com, Hubspot, Outreach and Salesforce.
- Submit tickets when issues arise and keep the marketing team updated on progress, milestones and meeting minutes.
- Help troubleshoot issues, working closely with the Business Applications team.
- Vet tools and oversee new contracts/licenses, working closely with Legal, Finance & IT.
Data Quality & Reporting
- Assisting with data cleanliness in various systems, merging like records, and researching causes of bugs in order to correct processes.
- Cleansing, enriching and uploading prospect lists from various sources and events.
- Building query reports or lists in Salesforce and marketing systems to aid in vertical, market segment or account-based marketing efforts.
- Document requirements, definitions & processes for key data points - including UTMs - that drive audience targeting & reporting.
- Prepare and present key data on relevant marketing operations to the senior marketing operations management and executive marketing personnel.
- Work closely with marketing analyst and the Data & Analytics team.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Project Management or similar.
- 5+ years of marketing operations or applicable experience.
- Hands-on experience with marketing and productivity technologies, such as Salesforce, Monday.com, Hubspot, Outreach or similar technologies.
- Deep understanding of SaaS B2B/ data and campaign reporting requirements and best practices, with the ability to collaborate on analytics models and reporting tools.
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Mode, Tableau, Data Studio or other data platforms is a plus.
- Strong project management, documentation and communication skills, with experience working with multiple teams and managing multiple projects.
- Experience presenting to leadership and partners.
- Self motivation and self-sufficiency.
- Extremely organized, data & tech savvy and detail-oriented.
What’s in it for you?
- Unlimited paid time off: Take the time you need to recharge, stay healthy, and do your best work
- Ownership: As a thank-you for your dedication, we’ll give you the chance to build equity at Flock Freight with stock options
- Retirement plan: Plan for your future with a 401(k) account, which includes sustainable investing options
- Insurance: Health, dental, vision, and life insurance with HMO, PPO, and premium PPO options — plus an elective flexible spending account
- HealthiestYou: Connect with a doctor virtually — 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Commuter benefits: Save on commuting costs with our commuter benefit fund and reimbursements for low-emission transportation purchases.
- Paid parental leave: Take up to eight weeks of paid parental or paid pregnancy disability leave — we’ll coordinate any extra state or insurance benefits for you!
- Fun stuff: Cold brew and kombucha on tap, intramural sports, surf club, free lunches — need we say more?
We’re changing how freight moves for the better, and are having fun doing it. You with us? Visit flockfreight.com/careers to join the Flock.
Committed to creating an environment that’s fair and inclusive, Flock Freight fills open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We value the skills of people from various backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!
We look for Flockers who...
Flock Freight promotes a healthy work-life balance
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance with HMO, PPO, and premium PPO options
All of our employees receive stock options
401(k) with sustainable investing options
Talk to a doctor or therapist wherever, whenever
Receive additional commuter funds and pre-taxed dollars to pay for eligible work-related transit
All employees receive a one-time $150 reimbursement for any non or low-emission mode of transportation
All employees receive a one-time $500 reimbursement when purchasing an electric vehicle
Up to 100% salary for 8 weeks that can be taken intermittently during your child’s first year
Up to 100% salary for 8 weeks that can be combined with paid parental leave for up to 16 weeks total of leave
100% of travel expenses covered for any employee, spouse, partner or dependent plus one support person, who needs to travel to access care if they live in a state that prohibits such care
All employees receive a non-taxable reimbursement to cover a portion of the cost of your cell phone and internet
Cold brew and kombucha on tap, intramural sports teams, surf club, free lunches, and more.
Our employees are part of the Flock family. We support our family by providing many paths for growth and empowering people to better themselves through professional development, emotional support, and personal health.
Flock Freight takes our commitment to employees a step further by implementing people-focused initiatives that align with our values as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have an obligation to uphold the highest standards for several impact areas: sustainability, philanthropy, diversity, and employee wellness.