- What type of carbon offset credit does Flock buy/purchase?
Flock buys certified carbon credits for different projects such as wind farms, forestry, hydro power, landfill waste, natural gas and more.
- How much does the carbon offset credit add-on cost?
It cost a flat rate of $10/per FlockDirect® shipment. For example, if you complete 20 shipments in August, the total cost for the carbon offset credit add-on would be $200 with the billing cycle closing on August 31st.
- What if I want to opt-out of the carbon-neutral frequent flocker or carbon offset credit add-on program?
Simply send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will assist in completing your unsubscribe request.
- If I completed 60 total shipments in a given month, will I automatically be enrolled in the carbon-neutral frequent flocker program even though I’m currently only signed up for the carbon offset add-on program?
Yes, whenever you complete 60 total shipments in a given month, we will automatically enroll you in the carbon-neutral frequent flocker program which means for the next month, you’ll receive carbon offset credits for all of your FlockDirect® shipments.
- Since I’m currently a Flock customer, am I automatically signed up for carbon-neutral frequent flocker and/or carbon offset credit add-on program?
No, you will need to sign-up on our website in order for us to add you to either of the program. Sign up for the frequent flocker membership program HERE or carbon credit add-on program HERE.
- What happens if I don’t meet the 60 total shipments needed for the carbon-neutral frequent flocker program?
If you don’t meet the 60 total shipment requirement in a given month, you will not receive automatic carbon offset credits for the next month. However, you’ll have an opportunity to meet that requirement again since qualification resets on the 1st of every month.
- Is there a time limitation to when I can sign-up for either carbon-neutral frequent flocker or carbon offset credit add-in program?
Nope, you’re welcome to sign-up at any time.
- For the carbon-neutral frequent flocker program, will I get carbon offset credit applied to all shipments?
No, at this time we are only able to provide carbon offset credit to all FlockDirect® shipments when you meet the qualifying criteria of completing 60 shipments per month (across any mode type: FlockDirect®, LTL, VLTL, or TL).
Frequent Flocker Program & Carbon Offset Credit Add-On Program:
Flock Freight may revise or terminate the carbon credit programs at any time. You may choose to opt out of a program by sending an email to: email@example.com. These programs are not intended to alter any previous agreement covering carbon credits contained in a separate executed written contract between your company and Flock Freight. Visit this site for more information on how Flock Freight calculates carbon neutrality.
Frequent Flocker Program:
Eligibility is contingent upon you having opted into the frequent flocker membership program prior to the end of the calendar month in which the 60-shipment threshold is met. The shipment count will be calculated based on the number of shipments picked up (any mode) within a calendar month. The carbon credits earned will be applied only to FlockDirect® shipments that are picked up in the following calendar month.